Energy Efficiency Programs
There are several energy improvements that you can make to your home to help reduce the energy consumption. SBEC wants to help; we have a variety of programs that can help if you are trying to reduce your energy consumption. SBEC is offering the Residential Energy Efficiency Rebate Programs for energy efficient home improvements. Be sure to consult your contractor or SBEC’s Member Services Representative to determine which measure would have the most benefit on your energy consumption. Rebates for the programs start on January 1, 2015 and run through December 31, 2015 or while funds are available. Once funds budgeted for the rebate program are exhausted the program stops.
Rebates will be credited to the member’s account in the form of a bill credit,)
- Link to Detailed Complete 2015 Residential Energy Efficiency Program Information and Applications For Existing Homes
- Link to Detailed Complete 2016 Residential Energy Efficiency Rebate Program Information and Applications For Existing Homes
- Link to Detailed Complete 2015 Residential Energy Efficiency Program Information and Applications For New Homes
- Link to Detailed Complete 2016 Residential Energy Efficiency Rebate Program Information and Applications For New Homes
HVAC Rebate Program
- $ 400 – Heat pump
- $ 300 – Central air conditioning with a gas heating system
- $1,000 – Geo-Thermal heat pump
Heat pumps and air conditioners must have a seasonal energy efficiency ratio (SEER) of 15 or higher.
Geothermal heat pumps must have an energy efficiency ratio (EER) of 16.1* or higher. *see detailed program guidelines
HVAC Loan Program
The HVAC Loan Program allows SBEC members to finance a new central heating and cooling system at a competitive interest rate. The loan requires no down payment, and has no processing fees or hidden costs. Just complete the application and return it for fast approval. Mobile homes, manufactured homes and new home construction are not eligible.
Energy Star Appliances
Rebate of $50 per appliance with a maximum of $250 paid per year for Energy Star rated appliances for existing or new homes.
Attic and Ceiling Insulation
Rebate of 15¢ per square foot of installed attic and ceiling insulation rated at R-30 are available for existing homes.
Rebate of $5.00 per L.E.D. bulb are available with a maximum of $100 paid for 20 bulbs for existing homes.
Rebate of $25 per programmable thermostat for existing homes.
Rebate of $2 per square foot of window opening for Energy Star rated windows are available for replacement in existing homes.
Window Solar Screens or Film
Rebate of $0.50 per square foot of solar screen or film are available for covering all windows in existing homes.
Electric Heat Pump Water Heaters
$300 – Electric heat pump water heaters
- Rebates are available for new home installation, adding an additional water heater to an existing home or replacing a gas unit in an existing home.
- Water heaters must have an Energy Factor (EF) of 2.0 or higher and must be a 30 gallon or larger unit.
In no way does SBEC assume responsibility for the work completed by contractors listed on the SBEC contractors list. This list is provided strictly as a database of contractors available that provide services in the SBEC service territory. If you wish to be included on this list, please contact the SBEC Member Services Department at 979.865.3171 or PO Box 1208, Bellville, Texas 77418.
Energy Star Tax Credits
Please note, not all ENERGY STAR qualified homes and products qualify for a tax credit. These tax credits are available for a number of products at the highest efficiency levels, which typically cost much more than standard products. If, for whatever reason, you decide not to purchase a product covered by the tax credit, you may still consider purchasing an ENERGY STAR product. ENERGY STAR distinguishes energy efficient products which, although they may cost more to purchase than standard models, will pay you back in lower energy bills within a reasonable amount of time, without a tax credit.